09.14.05 - 7 DOGS - HAMBURG, IA
- The small claims suit was filed by Elizabeth Brock and her attorney Jon Johnson against Police Chief Nick Millsap Fremont County Court Case # 04361 AGCR006089
- The claim was filed on Dec. 6, 2005 in Fremont County Court and
served to the City of Hamburg (Georgann Stephens) on Dec 9, 2005 and to
Nick Millsap on Dec.12, 2005.
- Brock was awarded $3,500 in damages in a small claims lawsuit against Millsap and the city of Hamburg, IA.
- On August 1, 2007, Nick Millsap was sentenced to one year of unsupervised probation under a deferred entry of judgment.
- The 'FORMER' Hamburg police chief pleaded guilty to one count of
animal abuse, an aggravated misdemeanor. The remaining counts were
dismissed as part of a plea agreement.
- Millsap was initially
charged with seven counts of animal abuse after it was alleged that he
removed seven dogs and puppies from a Hamburg residence in September
2005, and killed each of them - six by gunshots and one by stomping on
- No jail time was imposed